This article provides a general introduction to the Forum Sentry Online Training and Product Certification process. To begin the online training, please follow the instructions in the "How to Register" section below. The online training and certification process consists of two components:
1. Online Training Portal - This is the portal is where you will work through the Sentry courses and take the certification quizzes.
2. Forum Sentry Training Instance for Hands-On Labs - This is a cloud hosted Sentry software instance running on Windows 2012 Server. This instance includes all peripheral software required to complete the hands-on training labs.
Prior to registration, please be certain to review the attached "Forum Sentry Online Training" document for more information.
Online Training Platform
Forum Systems utilizes the Mindflash online training platform for the Forum Sentry Online Training and Product Certification. Once registered, a welcome email from the Mindflash training portal with login information will be received. There are several courses that should ideally be completed in order.
Each course consists of:
1. Course Introduction Video
2. Demonstration Videos
3. Downloadable Hands-On Lab PDF Document
4. Certification Quiz
The trainees should watch all videos for the course, work through the Hands-On lab, and then return to the training portal to complete the certification quiz.
Product Certification happens upon completion of all courses (hands-on labs and quizzes) available at the time of training.
Forum Sentry Training Instance for Hands-On Labs
To complete the hands-on training labs, each trainee will utilize their own Forum Sentry software instance running on an Amazon EC2 hosted Windows 2012 Server. The Windows instance includes Sentry and all other peripheral software required to complete the training. This includes a client testing application (SOAPSonar), a database, a syslog server, and a back-end web application.
1. The Amazon EC2 hosted Windows instance is accessed via RDP (remote desktop protocol). RDP clients are readily available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
2. After registration, each trainee will receive the RDP location (hostname and IP) along with user credentials for the Windows instance.
3. The Amazon EC2 instance is available for 14 days following registration, with extensions available on a case by case basis.
How to Register
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the Forum Sentry Online Training and Product Certification.
- Company Name
- Full Name
- Company Email Address
- Phone Number
- Expected start date (the AWS instance will be available for 14 days following the expected start date)
- Physical Location (to determine which AWS region to run the training instance in)