The ForumOS, the same operating system running on the Forum hardware and virtual appliances, is also available as an Amazon EC2 AMI. For more information on the AMI, please see the attached PDF guide.
The Forum Sentry AMI is available in the US East (N. Virginia) AWS Region.
This article discusses how to run Forum Sentry AMI instances in different AWS Regions. AWS will not allow copying the AMI directly from the public images bucket, so the workaround is to launch an instance, create an AMI from the instance, then copy the private AMI to whatever AWS Region you want.
Please follow the steps below to launch a Sentry AMI instance in the region of your choosing:
1. Log into AWS and access the EC2 Dashboard. Your default region will be selected.
2. Modify the Region to the US East (N. Virginia).
3. Go to the AMIs page of the EC2 Dashboard.
4. In the search pane, change the drop down to "Public images" and find the Forum Sentry AMI by searching for "Sentry AMI". If you can't find the AMI, contact Forum Systems support for the AMI ID.
5. Launch an instance from this AMI, use the appropriate settings for your environment. The minimum requirements are listed here Additionally, add an inbound rule for TCP port 5050 to the Security Group.
6. Go to the Instances page within the EC2 Dashboard and select the launched instance.
7. Under the Actions menu, Select Image --> Create Image
8. Specify an Image Name and select Create Image. It may take several minutes for the image to be created.
9. Go to the AMIs page within the EC2 Dashboard. You should now see your custom Sentry AMI listed under the group "Owned by me".
10. Select the AMI and under the Actions menu, choose Copy AMI. Select the Destination region that you want to run your Sentry instances in, and click Copy AMI.
11. Change to the destination AWS Region.
12. Go to the AMIs page of the EC2 Dashboard and find the new custom AMI.
13. Launch an instance from this AMI, use the appropriate settings for your environment. The minimum requirements are listed here. Additionally, add an inbound rule for TCP port 5050 to the Security Group.
For more information on the Forum Sentry AMI please see the attached User Guide.